Under general guidance, retrieves, reviews, and analyzes pharmacy, utilization, cost data, pharmacy productivity reporting, and process flow documentation from clients. Participates in the analysis and interpretation of data including but not limited to identifying cost and clinical opportunities, preparing statistical and financial modeling reports, and drafting presentations. Develops and implements new processes and data reports
- Provide reports to internal clinical pharmacy consultants to show savings opportunities and pharmacy trends.
- Provide reports to external clients to show savings opportunities and pharmacy trends.
- Respond to internal and external customer needs with a timely turnaround
- Participate in team meetings
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop/streamline pharmacy data processes and reporting.
- Review pharmacy purchase and utilization data; create/modify data spreadsheets as necessary.
- Prepare standard pharmacy utilization analysis and quarterly tracking reports.
- Identify opportunities based on client data, proprietary comparison data, and national/regional benchmarks.
- Build a presentations and summary of analytics
- Generate final reports for participating clients that identify and track actual cost savings to date and areas of non-compliance.
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Competencies:
- BA/BS in a healthcare, data-related field or equivalent business related experience
- Minimum 1-3 year's experience in data analysis, financial modeling, data management (pharmacy or healthcare environment preferred)
- Execute detailed pharmacy analysis on multiple projects and recommend potential business solutions
- Knowledge of database structures and reporting
- Advanced proficiency with data manipulation and analysis tools i.e. Microsoft Excel (SQL is a plus)
- Able to work efficiently using text files, PDFs, Visio, Access, and Visual Basics
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information verbally and in written format
- Strong oral written communication and presentation skills
- Developing reports focused on achieving defined performance for 340(b) participation, pharmaceutical and other supply expense, labor productivity and revenue metrics and utilization, savings and budget variances
- Provide Wholesaler analysis reports for pharmaceutical purchases on a monthly basis
- Experience collecting from multiple data sources (Access/MS/SQL Svr, flat files, etc) using hospital decision support systems, Epic, McKesson, HealthQuest, Meditech, GE Centricity, and various healthcare clinical data systems are a plus
- Pharmacy experience in retail or hospital industry is a plus
Position Expectations and Physical Requirements:
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Daily ability to operate a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Frequent travel by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location
- Regularly uses visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Has the ability to work both remotely or in an office environment
*Salary, Benefits, and location is negotiable based on background, experience, and job duties. Benefits include full medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, 401k match and annual bonus potential.
Alinea offices are located across the nation with many remote location arrangement flexibility.
Alinea Corporate Headquarters:
The Alinea Group, LLC
4062 Peachtree Road NE, Suite A307
Atlanta, GA 30319